A Solstice Heart Opening Meditation (Free mp3)
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. – MLK Jr.
It is the lightest day of the year here in the upper hemisphere, but I think it’s safe to say many of us are feeling the weight of the world’s darkness. The question for spiritual seekers, of any faith, is how to respond? How do we meet darkness, both in ourselves and others? When do we take a stand, and how do we do it in a way that does not just become opposition for its own sake, an ego-driven impulse to fight and be right – darkness attempting to drive out darkness? How do we bring forth the light within ourselves when we are fearful and doubt-filled? How do we respond and act from a place of love?
I’m not sure myself, but I do know that sometimes when we cannot find an answer, we need to drop the question, and just BE. The fear-generated mental activity prevents us from resting in the light and love that is the natural essence of our being. The more we try to figure out how to act from love, the further we get from feeling it. And even feeling it is not enough, for love is not simply a transient state, an emotion that ebbs and flows, it is the heart of our awareness itself. It is that which we all have in common, and is present in every being, regardless of how covered and distorted it may be in any given individual at any given time.
With that in mind I’ve created a free Solstice meditation, a heart chakra opener. The meditation is rooted in white light, the light I work with as the innermost level of the chakras. It is designed to be done for 1 week daily following Solstice or your birthday (a personal ‘Sun’ day), but really you could use it anytime. It has several energy work components:
- Beginning in your heart, you will link your heart chakra energy to the lower chakras and then the upper chakras in sequence, all using white light. This is the clearing portion of the work.
- You will then select a memory that constricts your heart chakra in some way, and imagine it dissolving.
- Then select someone for whom you feel great love, and release the ‘attached’ or ‘grasping’ part of that love, allowing it to be a conduit to a greater, non-specific state of love.
- Then you will practice self-love, generating waves of light to your body.
- Send waves of light and love out in greater and greater circles from yourself, until it encompasses the entire world.
- Center back in your heart and ground your energy, committing to bringing this light into this body, this plane, this life.
May this meditation bring you peace and light, and may this emanate from you into the world.
Solstice Heart Opening Meditation (13 minutes)
Download (right click and Save As):
Please don’t hesitate to email or post questions. Namaste-
P.S. The next round of my Energy Healing for Sexual Trauma teleseminar is beginning in August, and the next round of my Working with Chakra Levels course begins in September. Information and registration may be found at Enlightened Energetics.