Solstice Tele-Meditation: Dawn of the Phoenix
Winter Solstice is my favorite time of year, a special and powerful time, honored in most spiritual traditions as we welcome the return of the light. This particular Solstice is magnified by a new moon, which always carries the energy of a new cycle, and fresh start. To celebrate and link to this beautiful, transformative energy, I invite you to join me in a special Solstice tele-meditation, timed for the exact time of the Solstice, from 2:30 – 3:30 PST (to look up what time this is in your time zone, check here.)
This meditation will be offered on a donation basis, with a recommended donation of $10, but any amount is appreciated (and if you cannot give this year, simply vow to give back in another way at another time – not to me, but to the light.) I will donate 50% of the proceeds to The Breathe Network, which has done so much great work this year setting up their new teleseminar series. You can register here.
Last year, I used the metaphor of a caterpillar cocooning and emerging as a butterfly to connect with the transformative energy of this time. This year, the symbol of the Phoenix is calling to me – symbol of renewal, resurrection, the Sun, or enlightenment, depending on which spiritual tradition you consult. As I’m sure you know, the mythology of the Phoenix is of a great sacred bird that cyclically burns to ash and then is reborn. The Phoenix’s fire is one of purification and release, laying the foundation for new life.
To prepare to burn in your own fire, I recommend contemplating the following questions (and some of these will be used in the meditation, so if you are planning to do that, you may want to journal your answers and keep them handy.):
- What experiences from the past year am I particularly thankful for? What energies and lessons did they bring into my life?
- What challenged me the most this year? What parts of myself did this bring to the surface?
- What am I ready to let go of? What situations, emotional patterns, or energies no longer serve me?
- What gifts did I discover in myself? What strengths came to light?
When the Phoenix is reborn, it is immortal and invincible, until the time for the next phase of its burning arrives. On the ‘other side’ of a Solstice transit (and in this case the new moon), we reach our being forward to connect with the new vibration, the new self, we wish to embody. To begin connecting yourself to this new you, contemplate the following (and again, for those doing the tele-meditation, you may want to have this with you):
- What gifts and strengths do I want to magnify in myself? What do I want to feel more?
- What does abundance mean to me? What am I already overflowing with, and what do I want to attract?
- What do I know to be true? What do I value? What is the foundation for my life and path?
- Where would I like more ease in my life? What would I like to flow?
If you are doing this as part of preparation for energy work (including the Solstice telemeditation) the important thing is to feel your answers – feel the states you desire to release or cultivate. Feel them in your body, and as vibration.
I hope you will join me on the 21st. But in any case, I wish you a beautiful and light-filled December, and check back on the 22nd for my annual end of year ‘thank you’ book giveaway – I found some great books this year that I am excited to share with you. Namaste-